JK Moving Services is committed to sustainable, green moving practices, evident by the over 2 million pounds we saved from landfills in 2018 alone – that’s more than the weight of at least 150 elephants.
How do we do it? By deploying numerous different strategies and processes that support sustainability, like using plastic reusable crates, repurposing inventory, and employing practices like Zero Waste, where all materials are recycled back into nature or the marketplace in a healthy and environmentally friendly manner
The result? A moving experience that’s good for the planet and good for your peace of mind.
JK’s BoxlessMove® is just one way we incorporate sustainability into our daily work. At our warehouses, we recycle paper, cardboard, and the wood from our crates, and we use a compactor and auger to reduce the volume of the materials we send to the landfill. (Read more in our annual sustainability report.)
Beyond that, JK employs these green, sustainable moving tactics as standard protocol:
Plus, our customers may want to reduce their carbon footprints as well. During residential and commercial moves, we help individuals and organizations:
- Sort through what they want to keep, sell, purge, or recycle before the move
- Donate gently used furniture to charitable organizations
- Recycle and/or dispose of electronic parts securely though our eCycle electronic waste disposal program
- Host onsite electronics and furniture recycling events
- Securely destroy documents they no longer need and recycle what we shred.